Do you know any of the best digital pianos under 2000? Don’t worry if you don’t. Ten of them have been reviewed here. Just take the time to go through the whole report. We understand that pianos are generally expensive, and many people who need them are finding it difficult to afford them.
We went into the market to select numerous pianos that cost less than $2,000. Every member of our team tested them all and came up with the best ten. We have reviewed them here.
As you go through the review, you will observe that we reviewed each of the digital pianos separately. We listed the best features of each of them after giving a brief introduction to them.
When you see their features, you’ll understand why they are the best in the market. They are affordable, and they offer more value than their features. While selecting the pianos, we considered ease of use.
We prefer pianos that even beginners will be able to handle. Our team also considered portability. Some of them may not be very light, but they are not too heavy either. The best feature of a piano is its sound.
If the piano does not produce good sounds, all the other features are of no benefit. We selected the ones whose sounds are pleasing to the ear. One more thing – we also considered their loudness.
You definitely want a digital piano with which you can entertain a large gathering. We chose the ones that have in-built speakers because they are usually very loud. Let’s now begin to review the pianos one after the other.
Our Picks of 10 Best Digital Piano Under 2000 Reviews:
1. Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano under 2000
Out of all the pianos in this review, this is the best of them all. This piano has the best features on this list. What are the features that make this piano the best? Let’s start with the accessories that come with it.
Its bundle consists of the following items:
- A piece of cloth to polish the piano
- Dust cover
- Instructional book and DVD
- Piano bench and stand
- 3-pedal system
- Two months of live online lessons
These accessories alone already make the piano the best here because none of them has so many accessories. Now, let’s talk about its features. The live online lesson is the reason we will recommend it for beginners.
Out of curiosity, we took some of the online lessons, and we can tell you that its quality is high. We only took the lesson for two weeks. The piano has a USB port for MIDI connectivity. Another feature that dazzled us about this product is its split mode.
When you activate the mode, you can play a different voice with each of your hands. That means you’ll be able to play two voices at the same time with both hands.
- The piano comes with live online lessons.
- Its bundle also consists of an instructional book and a DVD.
- You will also find a piano bench and stand in its pack.
- Its duct cover prevents it from getting dusty while lying idle.
- The piano has a split mode that allows you to play different voices with each hand.
- It has a 3-pedal system.
- The device weighs 88.1 pounds.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.8 stars.
- You will also love its two-way speaker system.
- There is a USB port for connection with MIDI.
2. Korg HAVIAN 30 Ensemble Piano
This is another high-flying digital piano. What many of its users love most is its complete keyboard sound library. If you are a beginner, you should also appreciate the all-in-one piano solution for beginners that this device comes with.
You can connect it to a MIDI/MP3 player through its USB port and convert your songs to MP3. Once you convert the songs to MP3, you can send it to your mobile device or smartphone and play them anytime you like.
A 25W stereo speaker system makes the piano very loud. This is why you can use the device to entertain a large number of people in a big hall. The speaker system will boost its volume.
Most importantly, the sounds of the piano are fantastic. Also, the device comes with a chord sequencer and some other editing features.
We feel that its weight of 33.3 pounds is great. This makes the piano portable. You can easily move it around. Its current Amazon rating of 5 stars confirms all we have been saying about the piano.
- The piano is easy to use.
- It weighs only 33.3 pounds.
- Having an Amazon rating of 5 stars is impressive.
- It comes with a complete keyboard sound library.
- As a beginner, you’ll like its all-in-one piano solution for beginners.
- A 25W stereo speak system is worthy of commendation.
- The piano is portable.
- We also love its great sounds.
3. Yamaha P125 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano
This is another Yamaha piano on our list. It could appear that we are promoting the Yamaha brand, but that is not the case. We are not affiliated with the brand in any way. We are just promoting good products.
It seems our list only confirms what many people already know about Yamaha being a giant in the industry. This piano has risen to the occasion. It is as good as other Yamaha products.
Its Amazon rating of 4.7 stars is an indication. We already knew that a digital piano of this caliber would have 88 keys.
Just like an acoustic piano, its GHS weighted action is lighter in the high keys and heavier in the low keys.
We’ll also like to inform you that the device weighs only 26 pounds. Like the other Yamaha piano reviewed above, it also has a split mode that lets you play a different voice with each hand at the same time. This piano has in-built speakers that make it very loud.
- This is a Yamaha brand, and you already know that the brand is a market leader.
- It is easy to play.
- The piano weighs only 26 pounds, so it is quite portable.
- It has a split mode that allows you to play a different voice with each hand.
- You will enjoy its 88 full-sized keys.
- The piano is durable.
- The sound is loud because of its in-built speakers.
- Its sounds are great.
4. Casio PX-770 BK Privia Digital Home Piano
When it comes to digital devices, Casio never disappoints. What attracted us to this piano first is its rich sound, and it was followed by its duet mode that allows two people to play the same song on this piano at the same time.
How? The mode splits the piano into two equal pitch ranges. The duet mode allows both teacher and student to play the same equipment at the same time.
Its concert play feature allows you to play along with ten recordings of popular orchestral pieces.
You can also connect the piano directly to your Windows or Mac devices through its USB port without any installation. We also love its Chordana Play app that taught us how to play some of our self-chosen songs.
You can access the app by connecting it to your Android or iOS device. The device weighs 69.5 pounds, and it has a current Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
- The piano has a 3-pedal system.
- You can connect it directly to your Mac or Windows laptop.
- You can also connect it to your iOS or Android device.
- An Amazon rating of 4.4 stars says it all.
- A weight of 69.5 pounds is fair.
- It has a duet mode that allows two people to play it at the same time.
- We enjoyed its concert play feature that allowed us to play along with ten popular and evergreen recordings.
- It works with the Chordana Play, a tutorial app.
5. Yamaha YDP103 Arius Series Digital Console Piano
This is yet another product from Yamaha. This is the third Yamaha piano on our list, and there’s still one more that has been reviewed down below.
Also, the best piano on this list is a Yamaha product. When you put all the pieces of information together, you’ll arrive at only one conclusion.
Yamaha is one of the best brands, if not the best brand, not only in the manufacture of pianos but also in the manufacture of musical instruments generally.
As you would expect, this device has three pedals. It has a controller app for iOS devices. It also has a dual-mode that allows you to combine two voices together.
You will love its sound quality. That is one of Yamaha’s signatures. It also has a headphone jack that allows you to connect your headphones to the piano.
Headphones have two advantages. You will hear your songs better, and it will prevent you from disturbing others in case there are other people in the location.
The product comes with a songbook that you can practice. They are works of great pianists. The piano weighs 115.7 pounds, and it has an Amazon rating of 4.6 stars.
- This product is another masterpiece from Yamaha.
- It has a controller app for iOS devices.
- The pack comes with a songbook.
- This piano lasts so long.
- It has a 3-pedal system.
- Two people can play the piano at the same time when the duet mode is activated.
- The piano is easy to handle.
- It has a headphone output.
6. Alesis Recital 88 Key Beginner Digital Piano
When you see how simple this piano is, you’ll agree that the manufacturer designed it for beginners. It is suitable for kids and adults. That is why it will make a great gift for anyone.
Despite being the ideal piano for learners, it has 88 premium full-sized keys. It offers premium sounds for five voices, which are Bass, Synth, Organ, Electric Piano, and Acoustic Piano.
The sound of the piano will be heard in every part of a big all because of its 20W speakers.
This piano also has a stereo headphone output for private practice. Although it is an electric piano, you can power it with 6D cell batteries too.
The piano gives professional performance. It also comes with 2-month interactive online lessons. It has USB-MIDI connectivity. Weighing 15.65 pounds makes it one of the lightest pianos around. Having an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars is fantastic.
- The piano has 88 standard keys.
- It comes with interactive online lessons.
- You can connect your headphones to it through its headphone output.
- You can power it with 6D cell batteries.
- A couple of 20W in-built speakers make the sound very loud.
- The device has an Amazon rating of 4.3 stars.
- Having a weight of 15.65 pounds is fantastic.
- It offers professional performance all the time.
- The piano is easy to handle for beginners.
7. Roland Lightweight, 88-note
A weight of only 17 pounds stands this piano out. When you add the weight to the fact that you can power it with eight AA batteries, you’ll consider it for its portability.
It has 88 standard keys. We also think that the sound of this device is fantastic. For beginners, it has easy sound manipulation and easy editing features.
There’s a microphone input for a great performance. In addition, there’s an eight-track pattern sequencer.
Also, there’s a USB port for MIDI connectivity. It has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars. The device is easy to play, and some of its users have confirmed its durability.
- The piano is so portable.
- It weighs only 17 pounds.
- The piano uses AA batteries.
- An Amazon rating of 4.5 stars is perfect.
- It has 88 standard keys.
- There’s a USB port for MIDI connectivity.
- The piano is easy to play.
- It is also durable.
8. Donner DEP-20 Beginner Digital Piano
This is another piano with up to 88 weighted keys but costs less than $2,000. You can adjust the finger strength to suit your playing style. We noticed that it is quite easy to play so it won’t give you any problem, even if you’re a beginner.
What dazzled us most are the 238 tones that this piano offers. It has been loaded with those tones. You can combine two voices together in its dual-tone mode. With its LCD screen, you’ll get a lot of information.
From the chords names to their notations and from being able to adjust wanted tones to recording your songs, the LCD screen gives you a wonderful playing/learning experience.
Considering all the features of this piano, we concluded that it is suitable for rehearsing, learning, practicing, and for professional performance. It is needless to add that the sounds of the piano are amazing.
You will also like its 25W speakers that boost the loudness of the sound. Any piano with a weight of 35.3 pounds like this one is portable. To cap it up, we must mention its Amazon rating of 4.2 stars because it confirms the quality of the musical instrument.
- The fascinating LCD screen of this piano gives the necessary information.
- Its dual-tone mode helps to combine two voices together.
- A weight of 35.3 pounds confirms its portability.
- An Amazon rating of 4.2 stars is great.
- It has a couple of in-built 25W speakers.
- The unit has 88 keys.
- It is preloaded with 238 tones.
- The piano is suitable for both experts and beginners.
9. Yamaha YPG535 Portable Grand Piano
We already told you about this fourth Yamaha product on this list. Yamaha has cemented its legacy has the best piano manufacturer with this feat.
The list of the best digital pianos may not be complete with any Yamaha piano. What exactly does this piano have to offer?
Let’s start with its 88 piano-style keys like the others. We also want to add that it has a 6-track sequencer that allows you to record your own music.
A piano stand comes with the pack, and that’s great because many pianos don’t come with a stand.
Since Yamaha designed it with beginners in mind, it gave the piano a lesson grading feature. When you activate the feature, it will monitor your progress as you practice each lesson, and it will grade every lesson, so you’ll know how fast you are progressing.
Its LCD screen offers a chord dictionary, by teaching you how to play chords and telling you what chords you are playing. Everything is displayed on the LCD screen.
- This is another Yamaha piano.
- It is suitable for both experts and learners.
- The piano comes with a stand.
- It also has a 6-track sequencer.
- You will love its 88 piano-style keys.
- Its LCD screen offers you a chord dictionary.
- The device monitors your lesson and grades each of them.
- It has an Amazon rating of 4.4 stars.
10. Korg SV188BK – 88 Key Digital Piano with Vintage Sounds
This device is also one of the best digital pianos under 2000. It has 88 keys, like the others, and it can produce 36 highly coveted sounds.
Since it has a headphone output, you can connect your headphone to the piano for private practice. It also comes with the damper pedal, stand, and bag.
The piano is quite easy to operate, and it weighs 55.1 pounds. According to many of its users, the machine offers great sounds, and it is quite durable. These two features should be the reason why it earned a current Amazon rating of 3.1 stars.
- The device has 88 keys.
- It is affordable.
- A weight of 55.1 pounds isn’t bad.
- It has an Amazon rating of 3.1 stars.
- The unit produces great sounds.
- It comes with a stand.
- The piano also comes with a carry bag.
- The piano is easy to operate.
Buying Guide – How to Choose a Digital Piano Under 2000?
To buy a digital piano under 2000, you need to apply the following tips.
1. Pick from this list
Since this list is made of the ten best digital pianos under 2000, we feel that it is smarter for you to pick any of the reviewed pianos. We have done the market search for you, and we tested many pianos before we arrived at this list.
2. Check the reviews of your chosen piano
After choosing one of them, check several reviews about your chosen piano. The more information you gather about it, the better. You can only handle it well if you have a lot of information about it.
3. Purchase it from Amazon
Amazon offers competitive prices, and the brand also offers a 30-day return window, so it is better to order your product from Amazon.
4. Test it Quickly
It may be better for you to test the product before its return window closes. So, if there’s any problem, you’ll be able to return it easily.
5. Read the user manual first
Like every appliance, you need to take the time to study the user manual first before you start using it. The more you know about the piano, the more you’ll be able to handle it.
To end this review, we’ll like to point out the very best digital piano under 2000. After much deliberation, we all reached a consensus that the best is the Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano under 2000. We selected it because of its superior features.
The unit comes with live online lessons, and it also comes with an instructional DVD and book. Apart from these two items, you’ll find several other accompanying items in its pack.
We also considered its split mode and 3-pedal system. We also decided on its 88 keys, an Amazon rating of 4.8 stars, and fantastic sounds before we reached the agreement that the Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano is the best.